New features are part of the landscape of any new operating system, and a ton of them came with the recently released iOS 11. Check out five features you absolutely need to know when putting iOS 11 into action.Tech
Revamped Control Center
Instead of being crammed in a little box near the bottom of the screen, the new Control Center now takes up an entire page. You may need to hunt around to find controls you’re used to, such as Night Shift, but you can customise the layout a tad for quicker access to your favourite features.
Easier Wi-Fi Connection
Isn’t it always annoying when you’re visiting a pal and you have to enter a big-long-horrible password to access Wi-Fi? Now you don’t. If your pal or anyone else on the premises happens to have a device running iOS 11, all you need to do is hold your phone next to their device and the password is shared instantly.
Harder Wi-Fi Disconnection
You used to be able to shut off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth by toggling their respective icons in the Control Center, but now it takes a bit more effort. Head into the Settings option, select Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth, and toggle the switch from there. Leaving a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection when you don’t actively need it not only drains the battery, but it also leaves services enabled in the background.
‘Do Not Disturb’ Driving Mode
Despite the warnings about texting while driving, sometimes we just can’t help but glance at an incoming message or text. Break the habit by putting your device in “Do Not Disturb” mode, which mutes all notifications while you're behind the wheel. Head into the Settings option to set up the feature.
Emergency Mode Option
If you’re ever in an emergency situation that requires immediate assistance, iOS 11 emergency mode helps ensure you’ll get it. To activate emergency mode, press the sleep/wake button five times. The feature can call emergency services and your emergency contacts. It also disables TouchID on your phone so no one else has access to the info on your device.
Double the fun of iOS 11 by getting intimate with it on the new iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, now available at the Telstra Shop in Clarendon Centre.
- Where Can I Buy Roogenic Tea in Melbourne? Evelyn Faye Nutrition
- 7 Ways to Celebrate World Nutella Day
- What You Need to Know about Eyebrow Threading
- 7 Delicious Catering Options for Your Holiday Office Party
- Get Spring Race Ready at Clarendon Centre
- Halloween Office Party Essentials from Clarendon Centre
- How to Choose the Right Fascinator for the Races
- Freshest Nail Colours to Try This Spring
- Vegan Options at Mad Mex: Yes Please to New Vegan Cheese
- What Your Burger-Eating Style Says about You (and the Right Way to Hold a Burger)