1. IT PREDATES THE NEW STONE AGE
By popular theory, beer is so old that it supposedly predates the early Neolithic period, otherwise known as the 'New Stone Age'. Although beer is one of the earliest fixed beverages in world history, it seems like Russia received the memo a little later...
2. RUSSIA DIDN'T CONSIDER IT "ALCOHOLIC"
It's true when they say Russians love vodka, but perhaps a little too much. It wasn't until 2011 when Russia's Prime Minister, Dmitry Medvedev, signed the official bill that beer was actually deemed an alcoholic beverage. Prior to this, any drink with below 10% of alcohol was not a "proper" drink.
3. CZECH REPUBLIC WOULD WIN THE WORLD BEER-DRINKING CONTEST
If you were to answer which country drinks the most beer, we're probably guessing you wouldn't know. Czech Republic, for 23 ensuing years, continue to drink more beer (per capita) than any other country in the world. So that's another thing you can Czech off the list at your next trivia night!
4. YOU CAN SWIM IN BEER IN AUSTRIA
Grab your swimmers, because we're not kidding. Enter the grand, age-old Starkenberger Brewery castle in Austria, and for a small price, you can go swimming in pools filled with beer - an epic world-first. Now that's a bubble bath!
5. BEER BUILT THE PYRAMIDS
The pyramids may not have been built in a day, but it's thanks to beer - that they were built at all. As featured in Smithsonian Magazine, Dr. Patrick McGovern, a Bio-molecular Archaeologist and an expert of Ancient fermented beverages, deems that the pyramids of Giza were built due to the large supply of beer. Workers were paid in beer, and had they not attained the approximate four litres per day - they weren't happy. Thankfully, there was enough beer to finish the job.
At Clarendon's Liquorland South Melbourne, open 7 days a week, supply is never an issue! Shop the complete range in-store from superior brands including Corona, Asahi, Great Northern, Crown Lager and so much more.
“Homer no function beer well without.”
- 7 Ways to Celebrate World Nutella Day
- What You Need to Know about Eyebrow Threading
- 8 Delicious Catering Options for Your Holiday Office Party
- Get Spring Race Ready at Clarendon Centre
- Halloween Office Party Essentials from Clarendon Centre
- How to Choose the Right Fascinator for the Races
- Freshest Nail Colours to Try This Spring
- Vegan Options at Mad Mex: Yes Please to New Vegan Cheese
- What Your Burger-Eating Style Says about You (and the Right Way to Hold a Burger)
- Eyebrow Microblading: What It Is, Why You Want It