With the 2016 Melbourne Cup just days away, it's time to get your suave on. Gents, here's how to look sharp at the races.General
OPT FOR DAPPER
Dress to impress and keep them guessing, thanks to South Melbourne's SO:ME Space. Showcasing a unique fashion collection from some of Australia's greatest independent and emerging designers alike, SO:ME Space proves your go-to for a look near impossible to replicate. Suit yourself with high-quality, one-of-a-kind menswear from HEW, and complete your look with a dashing pair of shoes from ever stylish yet ultra comfy footwear and accessories brand Lost In Seasons.
SHADES OF COOL
You're not ready for the races, until you've sorted your shades. Spruce your suit with some personality, by topping it all off with a pair of sunglasses that simply says me. To help you get there, prestige meets affordable luxury at Melbourne's Bellocchio Eyewear, located across the road from The Clarendon Centre, where brands include DITA, Ray-Ban, Alain Mikli and much more, where they can also design and produce custom-made glasses as a "reflection of your personality and lifestyle".
There's no sweeter shave or smoother trim than by the hands of a professional barber. At Clarendon's Edward Scissorhands Barbershop, open 7 days a week (also Melbourne Cup Day), a team of highly advanced professionals including 3rd and 4th-gen barbers, specialise in modern and classic hairstyles for both boys and men. Specialising in mens styles, they employ "precise cutting techniques and unrivalled fades" to have you leaving the shop appearing as your sharpest self yet. And when it comes to special occasions, whether you flaunt a pompadour or ivy league haircut, a slick hairstyle is always a must.
To complete your winning outfit, race to South Melbourne's Clarendon Centre, open 6 days a week, for more in fashion and fast.
Let the races begin!
- 7 Ways to Celebrate World Nutella Day
- What You Need to Know about Eyebrow Threading
- 7 Delicious Catering Options for Your Holiday Office Party
- Get Spring Race Ready at Clarendon Centre
- Halloween Office Party Essentials from Clarendon Centre
- How to Choose the Right Fascinator for the Races
- Freshest Nail Colours to Try This Spring
- Vegan Options at Mad Mex: Yes Please to New Vegan Cheese
- What Your Burger-Eating Style Says about You (and the Right Way to Hold a Burger)
- Eyebrow Microblading: What It Is, Why You Want It