South Melbourne's St. Luke's continue to reach out with arms wide open, providing support for the community one hopeful program at a time.Special Interest
THE MEN'S SHED
Run by the Port Phillip Men's Shed Association (PPMSA) and sponsored by St. Luke's, The Men's Shed is a social group for men to come together and join in social activities, build woodworks, metalworks and community projects, or just hang out.
"An underlying principle is that many men aren't especially good at social contact, so it's a meeting place, and woodwork is the drawcard." - Nick Hernshaw, Senior Minister at St. Luke's
The group has proven particularly beneficial for retirees and isolated men throughout the community, as it warmly offers a great social opportunity.
THE HOMIE'S HOMEWORK HELP CLUBSt. Luke's Youth Support Program, The Homie's Homework Help Club, provides free homework assistance for students living in South and Port Melbourne. The Homie's Club is held every Thursday night from 6-7:30pm at Emerald Hill Library, where St. Luke's are granted exclusive use - including one-on-one tuition with a volunteer tutor, games and healthy snacks.
THE SINGING GROUP
The Singing Group is comprised of both singers and various instrumentalists with professional musicians and enthusiastic amateurs alike, where all group members are also regular attendees at St. Luke's. All are welcome to join this all ages group, which provides an amazing opportunity for people to come together and have fun. Singing practice is held every week before St. Luke's Sunday Service from 9-10am. But in special preparation for their upcoming Christmas events, there'll be a scheduled two-hour rehearsal on Sunday, 4 December from 12pm.
See the The Singing Group perform live at The Clarendon Centre on Saturday, 10 December and Saturday, 17 December from 11am - 12:30/1pm.
'Celebrating Life, Sharing Hope', you can visit St. Luke's Anglican Church at 210 Dorcas St, South Melbourne or call (03) 9686 8521, find out more or join the 'Luke's Hill Tribe' Facebook group for the latest in Youth Group & Youth Outreach programs.
- 7 Ways to Celebrate World Nutella Day
- What You Need to Know about Eyebrow Threading
- 7 Delicious Catering Options for Your Holiday Office Party
- Get Spring Race Ready at Clarendon Centre
- Halloween Office Party Essentials from Clarendon Centre
- How to Choose the Right Fascinator for the Races
- Freshest Nail Colours to Try This Spring
- Vegan Options at Mad Mex: Yes Please to New Vegan Cheese
- What Your Burger-Eating Style Says about You (and the Right Way to Hold a Burger)
- Eyebrow Microblading: What It Is, Why You Want It