When it comes to life, tequila might not fix everything - but it's worth a shot, right? To celebrate Tequila Day, here are 6 epic ways (other than a Tequila Sunrise) to drink it.Special Interest
1. JUAN COLLINS
Surely you've heard of Tom, but have you met Juan? Deviating from the mainstream, comes this exotic relative of the Collins family, which replaces whiskey with tequila. The result is a bittersweet dream; tequila, lemon juice, agave nectar and club soda.
2. MAYAN MULE
With a fierce name and a fresh body to match, the Mayan Mule proves who's boss. This tequila cocktail takes a creative spin on the vodka-based Moscow Mule, embodying Milagro Reposado tequila, lime juice, bitters and ginger beer.
3. EL DIABLO
If the name of this cocktail doesn't give it away, then perhaps its ingredients will: Tequila Don Julio, fresh lime juice, ginger syrup, ginger ale, lime and red blackcurrant liqueur. El Diablo, which literally translates as 'The Devil', is a cocktail made for the hardcore tequila lovers. So if you can stand the heat, take a drink on the dark side.
Bring the holidays to you with a highball glass of Paloma, which embodies an invigorating pairing with one part tequila and three parts grapefruit soda. This tequila cocktail is typically served on the rocks, plus the essential lime wedge.
5. BLOODY MARIA
Move over Mary, there's a new girl in town and she goes by the name Bloody Maria. Tequila wins again with this hot twist on the Vodka-based classic, made with: Don Julio Reposado Tequila, hot sauce, ground black pepper, tomato juice, lime juice, celery salt, ground horseradish, celery salt and the essential lemon wedge. Maria, Maria!
6. SOUR APPLE JALAPEÑO MARGARITA
Complement a marvellous Mexican feed with this vivacious green margarita, and you'll be saying 'arriba' in no time! The Sour Green Apple Jalapeño Margarita is a sensational sour-sweet delight packing a fine punch with tequila, jalapeño simple syrup, sour green apple juice, lime juice, jalapeños, lime wedges and kosher salt.
And there's plenty more where that came from at Clarendon's Liquorland South Melbourne! Open 7 days a week, shop in-store for an unrivalled selection of premium-quality Tequila including brands Sierra, Jose Cuervo and 1800 Añejo.
- 7 Ways to Celebrate World Nutella Day
- What You Need to Know about Eyebrow Threading
- 8 Delicious Catering Options for Your Holiday Office Party
- Get Spring Race Ready at Clarendon Centre
- Halloween Office Party Essentials from Clarendon Centre
- How to Choose the Right Fascinator for the Races
- Freshest Nail Colours to Try This Spring
- Vegan Options at Mad Mex: Yes Please to New Vegan Cheese
- What Your Burger-Eating Style Says about You (and the Right Way to Hold a Burger)
- Eyebrow Microblading: What It Is, Why You Want It